No matter your age, getting a much-deserved reward is always exciting. Why? Well, because you’ve worked hard and earned it. This is also the case with weight loss rewards. They become treats and things to look forward to, which is often motivating enough to keep you on track throughout your weight loss journey.
Weight loss rewards differ from person to person, mostly because we all find joy in different things. For one person, ideal weight loss rewards may be a day at the spa or a big bunch of flowers to brighten up the home. For another, weight loss rewards may include a day out with loved ones or going to a mommy and baby exhibition.
These non-food weight loss rewards below are worth considering to make your weight loss journey exciting, and possibly even help you through the day when the going gets tough.
As a mom, chances are, you end up buying cute gifts and items for your little ones every time you go to the shops. Which means you end up forgetting to spoil yourself! Consider these weight loss rewards as gifts from you to you.
- Buy yourself that new pair of shoes that you’ve been eyeing for months.
- Appliances that will make your life easier can be the best weight loss rewards. Fancy an airfryer for those lazy nights in the kitchen? Well, there’s no better excuse than this to buy one.
- You’ve probably been carrying a mommy bag around for a while now, so why not buy yourself a nice handbag, purse or laptop bag?
- Buy yourself a book or magazine that you’ll enjoy.
- You don’t always have to wait for someone to spoil you with flowers to brighten up your day, you can spoil yourself. Flowers also make for a great pick-me-up, and they’ll be a bright and cheerful reminder that you’re doing great!
- For some people, an outfit is never complete without the perfect jewellery piece. Whether you’ve been looking for a new watch, necklace, earrings or bracelet, this may be the perfect time to buy yourself one.
Quality time with yourself
Any mom can tell you that when you’ve got little ones, time to yourself can sometimes feel like a far-fetched idea. If that’s the situation you find yourself in, then these weight loss rewards may be just what you’re looking for to help you get reacquainted with yourself.
- A day at the spa is a great way to relax, unwind and treat yourself for your dedication.
- Take a scenic walk or drive.
- Treat yourself to a live show at the theatre, a music concert, or a trip to the museum.
- An early morning hike can be refreshing and allow you to regroup and reconnect with nature.
- Set aside some time for hobbies and any other leisure activities that you enjoy.
- Gardening can be therapeutic for some people. Planting your favourite flowers, fruits or vegetables in your backyard can be a way to reward yourself.
- Prepare for a movie or series marathon. The truth is, sometimes the greatest reward is doing absolutely nothing! The business of motherhood and life in general can cause you to forget about the little things you once enjoyed. Browse through streaming platforms to find something that tickles your fancy.
Weight loss rewards don’t have to be extravagant, in fact, the best weight loss rewards are those that are personal, sentimental, and mean the most to you. Consider these small treats to spoil yourself every now and then.
- Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure and facial.
- Keep a gratitude journal of all the things you’ve accomplished so far, as a way to remind yourself of your progress and keep your eye on the goal.
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Grab a coffee with an old friend or colleague.
- Enjoy a nice, long bubble bath with all the frills. Get some candles, chocolate, or even a quick read to get through while you relax.
- Wake up a few hours later than you normally would on a regular day. Very few things are as energising and refreshing as a lazy day in.
- Create a music playlist to listen to. This can be a great way to take you back in time or remind you of special moments from your past that may be associated with certain songs on the playlist. For example, the song you walked down the aisle to, the song that was playing when you got engaged, etc.
Whether you’re a new mom or someone that’s decided to make a few lifestyle changes, there’s no need to feel pressured or rush towards weight loss. Sometimes, doing good and helping others can give you that warm and fuzzy feeling that powers you through your weight loss journey.
- Give back by donating to a good cause.
- Participate in a charity event.
- Leave a very generous tip for your waiter or waitress at a restaurant.
- Buy a homeless person something cold to drink on a particularly hot day.
- Make random acts of kindness a part of your life.
Special thanks to author: Sannie Nkosi is the founder of Four-Leaf Consulting. After a few years in journalism, she ditched the newsroom to write about things that really matter (like family, finances and travel). On a regular day, you can find her creating content, listening to podcasts, or engaging with small business owners.