One thing that moms across the world can agree on is that being a mom isn’t easy! While being a mom is an honor and a title worth celebrating, it doesn’t come without its fair share of challenges and never-ending discoveries. Every day is a new experience when you’re a mom.
Being a mom isn’t easy; from sleepless nights in their early years, to personality changes as they grow older, being a mom certainly requires a level of flexibility and patience. With all the demands that come with being a mom, you’re bound to feel tired and discouraged on some days.
For those days when you need some inspirational mom quotes or being a mom isn’t easy quotes, here’s an extensive list for you to devour. When you need a reminder of how nothing compares to being a mom, have a look at the quotes below.
Table of Contents
- Uplifting inspirational quotes for moms
- Funny quotes about being a mom
- Mom is tired quotes for exhausted mothers
- Encouraging quotes when being a mom isn’t easy
- Relatable quotes about being a mom
Uplifting inspirational quotes for moms
As a mom, sometimes you just need a little encouragement and reassurance that you’re doing well. When being a mom isn’t easy, some upliftment could go a long way. Below are some inspirational mom quotes about being a mom for when you need to be your own cheerleader.
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “Even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay.” – Jojo Moyes
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” – Kate Winslet
- “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” – Edwin Chapin
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
- “Being a [mom] is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” – Linda Wooten
- “It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do in your life. You never stop needing your mom.” – Kate Winslet
Funny quotes about being a mom
Even though being a mom isn’t easy, that doesn’t mean that it should make you lose your sense of humor! In hindsight, the things that come with being a mom can actually be quite amusing. Below are some funny quotes about being a mom for days when you need comic relief or a little mental health boost, or some being a mom isn’t easy quotes
- “Did you know, when kids go to bed, you can hear yourself think again? I sound fabulous.” – Paige Kellerman
- “A vacation frequently means that the family goes away for a rest, accompanied by mother, who sees that the others get it.” – Marcelene Cox
- “Waking your kids up for school the first day after a break is almost as much fun as birthing them was.” – Jenny McCarthy
- “Motherhood is like Albania–you can’t trust the descriptions in the books, you have to go there.” – Marni Jackson
- “When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.” – Phyllis Diller
- “The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” – Lane Olinghouse
- “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” – Nora Ephron
- “It just occurred to me that the majority of my diet is made up of food that my kid didn’t finish.” – Carrie Underwood
- “If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says keep away from children.” – Susan Savannah
- “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” – Reese Witherspoon
Mom is tired quotes for exhausted mothers
Being a mom can be likened to being a jack of all trades (and hopefully a master of some). One minute you’re helping out with homework, and the next minute you’re styling hair and ironing school clothes. That being said, it’s natural to feel exhausted on some days – it comes with being a mom. Below are some “mom is tired” quotes for when you need a little boost to get you through the day when being a mom isn’t easy.
- “Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?” – Alyson Hannigan
- “Hey mama, I know you’re tired. But I hope under that exhaustion you feel some pride too. Because no matter how the past 24 hours went, you can fall into bed tonight knowing you made someone’s life a little better today – just by loving them like only you can.” – Casey Huff
- “Don’t tell a mother she looks tired; she already knows that. Tell her she’s doing a good job; she may not know that.” – Stephanie Peltier
- “Even a good mom has bad days, great days, normal days, overwhelming days, perfect days, trying days, supermom days, just being-a-mom days, a whole lot of love and real and crazy motherhood days.” – Rachel Martin
- “A mother needs only step into the shower to be instantly reassured she is indispensable to every member of her family.” – Lynne Williams
- “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” – Leo J. Burke
- “Almost everything will work if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you” – Ann Lamont
- “Motherhood is wonderful, but it’s also hard work. It’s the logistics more than anything. You discover you have reserves of energy you didn’t know you had.” – Deborah Mailman
Encouraging quotes when being a mom isn’t easy
On those days when being a mom isn’t easy, you can find comfort and encouragement in these being a mom isn’t easy quotes. Any mom can tell you that no two days are the same; there’ll be good days and there’ll be bad days. So, here are some encouraging quotes about being a mom when being a mom isn’t easy.
- “The very fact that you worry about being a good mum means that you are one.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Being a [mom] isn’t easy. And being able to admit your weakness as a parent is one of the most important things you’ll ever do for your child.” – Katrina Alcorn
- “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible—oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- “The joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction.” – M. Russell Ballard
- “The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.” – R.J. Palacio
- “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly—indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” – Arianna Huffington
- “You can be a mess and still be a good mom. We are allowed to be both.” – Katie Bingham Smith
- “I think being a mom is the hardest job in the world. It doesn’t have to be easy but when you love someone that much and they depend on you for absolutely everything, then nothing else matters!” – Jennifer Nettles
Relatable quotes about being a mom
Even though being a mom isn’t easy, it’s a journey worth enduring. Good days and bad days come with being a mom, which is something all mothers can agree on. Mothers across the globe share similar experiences and witness the typical things that come with being a mom, so there’s bound to be common ground.
Here are some surprisingly relatable quotes about being a mom however far you are on your motherhood journey. You can surely find comfort in these being a mom isn’t easy quotes and know that the highs and lows come with being a mom.
- “The first few months with a baby are so disorienting. I felt like my brain was scrambled eggs, and I think it is, understandably, hard to get dressed or even get out of the house ― you have to go easy on yourself. Having prepared foods in the fridge and freezer was essential because thinking about cooking made me want to cry.” – Reese Witherspoon
- “Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” – Amy Poehler
- “Being a mom isn’t an easy job, but it’s definitely my favorite job.” – Lauren Tingley
- “The hardest part of being a mom? Letting go.” – Mandy Hale
- “People don’t really talk honestly about how difficult being a mom actually is and what things we sacrifice every day in order to be good moms.” – Jenni Ogden
- “You never know how much your parents loved you until you have a child to love.” – Jennifer Hudson
- “Being a mom is being the bravest person you know. It’s being unapologetically who you are even when it scares everyone else around you.” – Emily Henderson
- “I think the hardest part about being a [mom] is just knowing that you’re never enough. No matter how many books you read, no matter how many toys your kids have or schedules they follow…you will never be able to do it all perfectly.” – Jessica Alba
- “Being a mom isn’t easy… But being able to look at your kids and say, ‘I did that! I made them!’ is pretty freaking amazing.” – Alyssa Milano
- “You will never be fully prepared for being a mom. It is just something that you have to do and figure out as you go along.” – Kim Kardashian West
- “Being a mom is the most rewarding job in the world because every day I get to influence my children’s lives. What an honor! It doesn’t mean that being their mother will be easy all of the time though!” – Beyoncé
- “If something goes wrong while being a mom, don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s not your fault and being a mom isn’t easy.” – Jennifer Garner
- “I have found being a [mom] has made me emotionally raw in many situations. Your heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “There are hard days in motherhood, but looking at your baby sleeping reminds you why it’s all worth it.” – Kara Ferwerda
- “Being a good mother does not mean being perfect every single moment. We screw up. A good mother learns from her mistakes and does what she can to not let them happen over and over.” – Amy Hatvany
More fun (and profound) parenting quotes here!
Special thanks to author: Sannie Nkosi is the founder of Four-Leaf Consulting. After a few years in journalism, she ditched the newsroom to write about things that really matter (like family, finances and travel). On a regular day, you can find her creating content, listening to podcasts, or engaging with small business owners.