Love, joy, and respect in your family. Whether your home is already overflowing with it, or it’s still something you’re working on, there’s always room for more. No family is perfect, and sometimes as we come together we forget to bring intention for that loving home we really want. So these blended family quotes will give you something to chew on as you bring intention and make room for more love, joy, and respect.
Blended Family Quotes on Loving Homes
- A family stitched together with love seldom unravels.
- Instead of raising children who turn out okay despite their childhood, let’s raise children who turn out extraordinary because of their childhood. – L.R. Knost
- They call it a ‘stepfamily’ because together we took a step in the right direction.
- Stepfamily households do not begin and end at the front door. Patricia Papernow
- Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them. Leigh Anne Tuohy
- I don’t think it matters how many parents you’ve got, as long as those who are around make their presence a good one. Elizabeth Wurtzel
- In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. Friedrich Neitzche
- Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.
- Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. –Robert Fulghum
Blended Family Quotes on Being the Best Stepparent
- Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather augment a child’s life experience. Azriel Johnson
- Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child. Tony Gaskins
- If you’re struggling with your role, be kind to yourself and remember that step parenting is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. Not because of any flaw of yours, but because that’s the nature of the role. Jenna Kori
- You don’t need to be primary caregiver of your children to be of primary influence in their lives. What you do for them behind the scenes in your own unique way is what makes the true difference in the long run. Miya Yamanouchi
- Your first obligation as a parent is not to bring chaos into the lives of your children.
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today. – Barbara Johnson
- The sign of a great parent is not the behavior of the children, the sign of a truly great parent is the behavior of the parent. – Andy Smithson
Blended Family Quotes on Respect
- There will always be steps you can take toward unity in your blended family. You will make—one step at a time! Donna Houpe
- The first key to balancing your busy life and creating a peaceful environment for your blended family to thrive in lies in defining your family values—first as a couple, then as a family. Kellye Laughery
- Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. Henry Ford
- Effective parenting has nothing to do with pointing out our faults and everything to do with working out solutions. – L.R. Knost
- Children shouldn’t have to sacrifice so that you can have the life you want. You make sacrifices so your children can have the life they deserve.
- It is critical to maintain boundaries between adult problems and children. Please protect your children’s innocence and allow them to remain children. They must not be burdened by adult problems. Kids don’t have the coping skills or the intellectual ability to understand money worries, adult relationship issues or their parent’s unhappiness.
Final Thoughts on Blended Family Quotes
We hope that these blended family quotes let you re-center your intention to create that wonderful and loving home you came together for.