Below is a list of heartfelt Happy Father’s Day quotes, funny Happy Father’s Day quotes, as well as inspirational Happy Father’s Day quotes to add to your collection.
For many, fatherhood is a life-changing and eye-opening experience. Whether you’re celebrating your first Father’s Day or already have years of experience, each Father’s Day is bound to be a special one.
While each year surely has its fair share of challenges and misunderstandings, the good definitely outweighs the bad. The joys of fatherhood can be summed up in cute little sayings and quotes.
Get More Father’s Day resources – including coloring pages, quotes, and gift guides!
Heartfelt Happy Father’s Day Quotes
There are many different ways to say Happy Father’s Day to the special man in your life. This may be through a gift, various acts of kindness, or even just sweet words to let him know just how much he means to you.
The day can be as emotional and sentimental to him as it is to you. Have a look at these heartfelt Happy Father’s Day quotes.
- In my career, there’s many things I’ve won and many things I’ve achieved, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. – David Beckham
- To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father. – Nick Lachey
- To be the father of a nation is a great honor, but to be the father of a family is a greater joy. – Nelson Mandela
- I realized being a father is the greatest job I have ever had and the greatest job I will ever have. – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- Never is a man more of a man than when he is the father of a newborn. – Matthew McConaughey
- It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father. – Barack Obama
- It is a wise father that knows his own son. – William Shakespeare
- Fathers, be good to your children. You are the god and the weight of her world. – John Mayer
- Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. – Hugh Jackman
- [Fatherhood is] the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens; it’s like telling somebody what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it. – Michael Bublé
- Fatherhood is the best thing I ever did. It changes your perspective. You can write a book, you can make a movie, you can paint a painting, but having kids is really the most extraordinary thing I have taken on. – Brad Pitt
Funny Happy Father’s Day Quotes
One thing’s for sure, fathers have a way of lighting up the room whenever they walk in. By now, we’ve all probably heard our fair share of dad jokes, which ultimately become the memories and moments that we cherish forever.
Below are some humorous Happy Father’s Day quotes to tickle your funny bone.
- Being a dad isn’t just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word ‘hero.’ – Ryan Reynolds
- A father carries pictures where his money used to be. – Steve Martin
- Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every single day. – Mike Myers
- Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream. – Conan O’Brien
- A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out. – Jerry Seinfeld
- Sometimes I am amazed that my wife and I created two human beings from scratch, yet struggle to assemble the most basic of IKEA cabinets. – Greg Kinnear
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.’ – Harmon Killebrew
Inspirational Happy Father’s Day Quotes
Over the years, many fathers become their children’s heroes and greatest role models. By rallying behind their children’s wildest dreams and aspirations, they instill confidence in them and make them feel as though they can conquer the world!
Below is a selection of some of our favourite inspirational Happy Father’s Day quotes.
- My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ – Michael Jordan
- She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father. – Harper Lee
- My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future. – Liza Minnelli
- What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity. – Jean Paul
- An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom. – C.S. Lewis
- It’s only when you grow up and step back from him – or leave him for your own home – it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. – Margaret Truman
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. – Wade Boggs
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. – Reed Markham
Final Thoughts on Father’s Day
With Father’s Day being one of the most anticipated days for families, it’s the perfect day to express your appreciation for him. Hopefully, this list of Happy Father’s Day quotes has made you laugh, brought you close to tears, and most importantly, reminded you of the irreplaceable love of a father. Very few things compare to a father’s wisdom.